Friday, March 23, 2012

"Mind the Gap!"

     Let me start by saying that if there was ever a moment in my life that I was as happy as I am right now, I can't recall it.  This is a post I've been hoping I'd have the opportunity to write for a few months now.  Back in January, I had been looking through my photos from when I had studied abroad in London three summers back.  It was the greatest experience I had while in college.  I sat there reminiscing over pictures of Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, King's College Hampstead Campus, and my the faces of my "London sisters": Sarah L., Sarah A., Sarah T., Angela, Libby, Jessica, Tiffany, Katie, and Lindsay, and found myself longing to be back in that amazing city once again.  And suddenly it occurred to me, I had one last option of traveling back to London and being a part of my beloved CCSA once again!  And so, as quickly as possible, I got to work applying for the position of "resident assistant".
      My beautiful friend and London sister, Sarah L. (above), served as resident assistant for CCSA the summer after we studied abroad.  I even took a 2 week trip back over, (thanks to a gracious graduation gift from mom), and visited Sarah. I found it so inspiring, that she had the chance to encourage other students studying abroad to seize the opportunity, and thought it would be so cool to one day get to do the same.
      So long story short, I received the email that I had been praying profusely about for the past 3 months, TODAY!....
     "Dear Casey,  It is my pleasure to offer you a position as a Resident Assistant for the 2012 London Summer Program.  Congratulations!"   I have seriously read my acceptance email 20+ times since receiving it earlier, and it honestly still hasn't sunk in.
      Which brings me to the point of the title of my post.  Tonight after work, once I got to my NY apartment, I went straight for my computer and began looking through all my old London photos yet again.  I can hardly contain my excitement, just thinking about all things I will get to see and experience in London once again. But the one thing that will be like music to my ears, and will affirm that I am indeed back in London, is when I hear the 'tube' conductor say: "everyone, please "MIND THE GAP"!   

No comments:

Post a Comment