Friday, March 23, 2012

the Jersey Shore... (sort of)

     Last night, I took a drive over to the Jersey Shore--(OK I confess, it was actually Jersey City, but the Shore made for a more interesting title for my post...) with Carrie, my TFF co-worker. She had invited me to her "Connect Group" for Bible study, and of course, I obliged!  Let me start by saying that I know God put this new friend of mine in my path.  Carrie has the biggest heart and is seriously so witty, which has been perfect for me to be around because as we know, laughter is good for the soul.  She is also strong in her faith.  This summer, Carrie will be taking a trip to Kenya to visit some old friends, but more importantly to serve.  She's been on a few missions trips as part of a group, but this summer she'll go it alone (with the exception of one friend) -- she'll go on pure faith.  In her words, she explained to me that she's not sure what she'll do when she gets there, but she knows God will provide her with something.  Friends, now that's what I call FAITH!
     But back to my Jersey visit... Carrie and I attended her Connect group, where I was immediately welcomed as one of their own.  I felt so at ease, and was so happy to be studying God's Word with fellow believers all the way up in Jersey!  Our discussions warmed my heart, and I left there with a happiness inside I can't find words to describe.


     So I'd like to start the day by thanking the Lord for the journey He's leading me on!  Six months ago, I would never have dreamed I'd be sitting in a stranger's apartment, studying the Bible with a group of people I didn't yet know, in a little town in New Jersey.  Just goes to show, when you "let go and let God," He'll take you places farther beyond where you expected to ever go.

No comments:

Post a Comment