Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made of..."

     I can't really describe what it's like to wake up in the morning and know the greatest city in the world is waiting right outside your door.  I've been here for a week now, and still, every morning is the same.  My eyes open... and a big smile spreads across my face. 
     I walk down the sidewalk, ear-buds in, music blaring... "New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of... there's nothing you can't do... now you're in New York..."  This has been my song of choice each morning since I've been here, as I head out the door to catch the subway that will take me to my office in Tribeca.  There's an extra "pep" in my step.  A smile escapes my mouth as I meet each and every passerby.  I even singalong-- out loud, I might add-- "these streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you..." and could care less if I'm off-key.  I walk a couple miles from the subway station to work, and even as the sun beats down on my face and I'm damp with sweat by the time I arrive, I don't mind; in fact, I love it.  "Street lights, big dreams all looking pretty..."  Because this is my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment