Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cornerstone.

     Out of all the fancy words that could be used to describe our Savior, I love how the Bible chooses to use something as simple, yet solid, as a rock.  "Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone." (Eph. 2:19-20)   

     Today I went to my second worship service at Hillsong NYC.  We sang a song that moved my heart so, I'm pretty sure the ground may have even moved under my feet.  The lyrics went like this: 
"Christ alone, Cornerstone
the weak made strong, in the Savior's love
through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all."
     Isn't it beautiful (and so refreshing), the realization that even through the stormy times in our lives, if we trust and lean on Him, we cannot fail.  He is our Cornerstone; the rock that holds us together. 
    Now in this life, we will face sorrows and hardships.  And there will be times during our journey that we ask "why", and may not understand what purpose a certain negative event may have in our life. But I promise-- more importantly HE promises, when we build our life on Jesus, we cannot be moved... because He is immoveable!  
    Praise Jesus!  For there is no other like Him.  He is our Cornerstone. 

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister!! :)

    I love this background! Suits you perfectly!

    love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassandra! I love yours-- your blog is almost as cute as you... and that's saying something! ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete