Monday, March 14, 2011

"Peanut Butter": All-American Favorite, Healthy-Snack,... Dinner Party Dessert-Saver

    Hi all!  I'm so excited to start this blog and be able to share some of my most favorite things with you all.  Thank you for joining, and I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it!  I will warn you though-- it is my first time blogging, so please bear with me.  I think you'll find this post helpful and yummy, so let's get cooking shall we! Here goes....

    Peanut Butter, like coffee, is my vice.  It's my go-to snack,  Peanut butter on toast, peanut butter cups, peanut butter and Oreos.. peanut butter out of the jar-- you get my point.  So when my one of my closest friends invited "my person" and I to have dinner with her and her hubby at their new home... I knew I couldn't show up empty handed.

    So I turned to my healthy savory-snack to save the day.  I found this super-quick and easy dessert in Health Magazine.  It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser since it tastes great and is pretty too.


~~~ All you need is a jar of chunky, all-natural peanut butter, honey, rice crispy cereal, and a dried fruit of your choice (I like to use dried cranberries).
Combine 3/4 cup of peanut butter to 3/4 cup of honey in a large pot.
Cook over medium-low heat until pb and honey melt (about 2-3 minutes).
Add 6 cups of cereal and 2/3 cup of dried fruit to the mixture; stir until sticky.
Press into 9 x 13-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
Chill in refrigerator for about 40 minutes.
Cut into squares and wha-lah! 



     As for the dinner party, the company was great.. and so was the food!   And yes, the peanut butter treats made a great dessert and "thank you" gift to our hosts!  


     So remember.. when you need a yummy treat that's easy to make, whether it be for after-dinner dessert, or to pack in your kids lunchboxes.. try these pea-nutty goodies your entire family is sure to love!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment