Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the "LONDON Look".... the Cool, European Way To Wear Your Cutoffs This Spring

    If you know me.. you know I am OBSESSED with the land across the pond.  Yes I love the tea and scones, as well as the sexy accent, but what gets me most is "the look".  Londoners wear what they're most comfortable in.. and boy do they wear it proudly.
    During the summer of 2009, I got the chance-- no, I got the BLESSING to study abroad in London.  I had always been awed by the city, and it's an understatement to say that it didn't disappoint-- I fell in love.  Being a person that loves the variety that so-called fashion possesses... the mosh-pod of folks swarming the city was like looking at a painting of the ocean-- all sorts of "fish" displaying different colors, patterns, and shapes; each one uniquely beautiful.  No one was dressed the same.  It wasn't about what was "in" or what was "out of style"-- it was about individuality.  And the CONFIDENCE... it overwhelmed me.  No one gave a hoot what someone else might think about they're style.  They felt beautiful, and they walked with their heads held so high, it added several inches to their overall height.  Thank goodness for self-confidence like that. 
    Needless to say, I learned a lot during my time abroad.  Not only in my class-- but I came home with a new zest for fashion--- and I knew if I wanted to go out wearing tights under my shorts (one of my most favorite "London-looks").... by-george I was going to! 

 (courtesy: Glamour Magazine)

    So imagine my surprise when I opened a magazine to find a picture of-- what else: cutoffs with tights!!  The look from London is taking the fashion world by storm-- seen on and off the runway, it's a cool, hip way to wear your shorts this spring, when it's still cool outside.  Because seriously, who wants to see those bare-naked gams when it's cold enough to cause goose-bumps?!

(courtesy: Glamour Magazine)

    All you need is a pair of black or dark tights and of course, your favorite shorty-shorts.  Add a cute top (I love the vintage look) like a button up with a blazer for a dressier look, or plaid (another of my favorites) to dress it down.  And last but certainly not least-- a shoe of your choice. The thing about this look is you can choose any type of shoe you prefer. Boots, heels, flats, or even Chucks!  It's incredibly versatile, and it's a look that you can make all your own..... Here's (one of) mine!


    So break out the shorts because spring is right around the corner.  And remember-- you are beautiful, no matter what you wear.  So whether your sporting a plain white "t", scrubs, pencil skirt.. or shorts and tights--- take a cue from my fellow Londoners... walk tall with confidence and pah-zazzzz!  Make the "London-look" the "(insert your name here) Look"....  a look that's all your own.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment