Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Times, they are a changin'...

     So, it's been a while since I've checked in, partly due to the fact I've been spending the majority of my time away from the computer and with a certain S.O.S., not to mention the little fact that mr. Dell sort of kicked the can. The holidays were my favorite ever this past year, and my 2013 has gotten off to a great start!
       It might surprise you to learn that a couple of my challenges for the year have been altered.  I chose to do this for a few reasons, but ultimately because I feel that God is working on me: better preparing me to go out and share His Son with the world, whether it be in the work place, community, or with new friends.  So a revised list of the "5" is as follows...

1.)  run a half-marathon -  I've chosen my race and am running towards this goal!
 
2.)  read the Bible in its' entirety - forever in the works, as I've learned that studying the Word is far more crucial than just reading it... which is why I'm quitting the timeline
 
3.)  make a thus-far (scrapbook) of my life -  still very much hoping to accomplish this, although I'm considering changing "scrapbook" to "picture album"...
 
4.)  select and read 50 of the "100 greatest novels of all time-  this one probably isn't going to happen and I've come to accept that.  Although I enjoy a good novel,  I've recently found that I'm enjoying and craving "other" books instead!  That being said, I now have a new #4.
 
4.)  continue reading books that will help me strive to live more like Jesus
- "Multiply", by Frances Chan
- "Subversive Kingdom", by Ed Stetzer
- "Blue Like Jazz", by Donald Miller
- "Follow Me", by David Platt (just starting this one! Thank you Phillip!)
 
5.)  journey to the remaining states I've yet to visit - I'm getting ready to cross one off the list in a few short weeks!  It's a year for adventure: of all sorts!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment