Monday, October 15, 2012

"keep the Son in your eyes"...

    
     The past week goes down as one of the happiest of my life. There are many reasons why, but I will only share one of them today.  I received an email from a very precious friend of mine that truly blessed my heart.  I met Sam and his beautiful (both, inside and out) wife, Cindy, while serving on the program in London this past summer.  You know how there are times in life, when it's evident that God put a person in your path?... well, this was one of those times for me. There were several instances, while chatting over coffee or pizza, that the conversation would turn to Christ.  We had so many wonderful conversations about Him; thinking back to them still brings a smile to my face.  The connection I felt with Sam and Cindy was instantaneous; and their advice-- life changing.
      Since returning home from London, we've continued to stay in touch through Facebook/email, due to us living in different states.  And those online chats are as dear to my heart, as the conversations we had talking face to face.  I wanted to take a moment and share just what I'm talking about.... the email from my God-given friends, ended with this beautiful conclusion:

"keep the Son in your eyes".  
     
     If I could express through my writing, the happiness I felt when I read this; so simple, yet so huge-- such a great reminder; words to live by!
     So to Sam and Cyndi: thank you. Thank you for your friendship, and thank you for your love.  The influence you have made on my life, I will cherish, always.  It's evident the Son is in your eyes, as well as in your hearts, by the life you lead.
     I strive to live a life, where that may be said of me.         

No comments:

Post a Comment