Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chances.

     Chances.  They're what makes life worth living.  What would life be like without them?  Chances are opportunities.  Chances are a second go.  Chances are worth taking

      It's not by chance though, that Five for Fighting's hit song, "Chances", is one of my all-time favorites.  Every time the melody sounds from my ear-buds, I feel as if I'm walking to the beat of the "Soundtrack to My Life". It was during my run a few days ago, that the song popped up on my Ipod, and I found myself thinking just how important chances are in life.  Without chances, we would never get to experience the "chance of a lifetime", nor to "take a chance" to live on faith and leap!  And could you imagine a life without second chances?  A life where the first shot is all you get and there's no do-over's and times to make right?
     Life is not perfect, or mine isn't anyways!  I've had several chances to experience many opportunities, but I've also had chances, which I thought I couldn't live without, taken away.  I'm grateful for all the chances I've had to say "I'm sorry", and am humbled and thankful for the greatest chance of a lifetime:  to live for the Savior who died to give me the most important second chance ever given.
      As the song goes, 
      
"Chances are waiting to be taken, and I can see...
Chances are the fascinations,
Chances won't escape from me.
Chances are only what we make them, and all I need." 

  Thank goodness for chances... of all kinds.

  Five for Fighting, "Chances"


No comments:

Post a Comment